GOALS FOR THE NEW YEAR AND A VISIT TO AN IDP CAMP.



GOALS FOR THE NEW YEAR AND A VISIT TO AN IDP CAMP.

And so we are already 11 days into the New Year and it has been a while, no make that a long time since I put up any new posts.

But I am back and promise to be regular in my posts this year.

I was thinking today how the New Year does not seem to be so new to me anymore is it because I'm getting old?

I was going through some thoughts I put down last year and it still made sense one year later.

I remember saying I had not made any New Year resolutions on my last post just a lot of ideas floating around in my head. 

So I had gone to an IDP camp around this time last year and it became crystal clear my major goal then had to be gratitude.

Gratitude after seeing mothers feed their hungry babies with empty breasts, the children looked malnourished. I have food on my table and enough to feed my children

Gratitude that I would be going home to a soft comfortable bed. One of the boys I saw was very comfortable in his bed of sand, he kept his head buried in the sand and I wondered what he was thinking.

Gratitude that I was surrounded by family some of the people in the camp had lost anyone who could be called family.

One year later I still feel the same way.

And so I decided to pursue gratitude this year like a goal, knowing what I guess I always knew but failed to appreciate that so many would give an arm, a leg and more to have what I have and be where I am.

Very important to pursue gratitude like a goal because it is so easy to lose sight of what we have. 






Comments

Popular Posts